Palace academy star Sullay Kai-Kai has been put forward for the LFE goal of the month competition after his stunning solo strike against Liverpool in the academy's 3-3 draw at Anfield.
LFE’s Goal of the Month competition is back for the 2012-13 season. And this year promises to be even bigger and better than ever before with over 1200 apprentice players keen to emulate Sheffield Wednesday’s Jarrod Kyle, who was crowned Goal of the Season winner, after his 25-yard thunderbolt against Middlesbrough in April received over twenty-five thousand public votes.
The new campaign kicks-off with eight sumptuous strikes from The Football League Youth Alliance and Premier League U18 divisions:
• GOAL A: Mark Francis, Swindon Town vs Torquay Utd
• GOAL B: Reece Beckles-Richards, Portsmouth vs Aldershot Town
• GOAL C: Eliot Newby, Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal
• GOAL D: Harlan Basker, AFC Wimbledon vs Crawley Town
• GOAL E: Sulley Kaikai, Liverpool vs Crystal Palace
• GOAL F: Michael Starkey, Huddersfield Town vs Birmingham City
• GOAL G: Seedy Njie, Southend Utd vs Aldershot Town
• GOAL H: Chris Dillon, Crawley Town vs Watford
LFE Chief Executive, Alan Sykes commented: “This competition was a resounding success last year and has gone from strength to strength since it was introduced during the 2010-11 season. The quality of goals on show is a tremendous advertisement of the work being conducted throughout the Football League Clubs to develop talented young players.
“Over eighty-thousand votes were cast during the course of last season as this competition continues to grow. Judging by the standard of these eight goals we can expect another successful year in 2012-13.”
To watch and vote for your goal of the month please visit the League Football Education Website at www.lfe.org.uk/goal-of-the-month, voting will remain open until 5pm on 19 September.