Palace take on FC Schalke 04 in pre-season, hosting the German giants at Selhurst Park on Saturday 5th August.
1. Their full name is Fußballclub Gelsenkirchen-Schalke 04 e. V. - but they tend to go by FC Schalke 04 or S04!
2. Schalke play their home games at the Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen. The stadium's capacity is 62,271, but once had 77,803 in attendance for an ice hockey match.
3. Manager Markus Weinzierl was in charge of FC Augsburg when the Eagles visited for a pre-season friendly.
4. Their nicknames are The Royal Blues (Die Königsblauen) or The Miners (Die Knappen). The latter is due to the Ruhr area's industrial heritage and the club recognised that in the design of their tunnel.
5. Striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is their record scorer in UEFA competitions (30). The ex-Real Madrid star also has 82 Bundesliga goals, the second most in the club's history (Klaus Fischer has 182).
6. The Royal Blues' main rivalry is with Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund, given that both clubs are situated in the Ruhr region. The two compete in the Revierderby.
7. Arsenal's Mesut Ozil, Joel Matip of Liverpool, Leroy Sane, World Cup winner Manuel Neuer, Julian Draxler and Jens Lehmann all came through the academy at S04.
8: As well as men's football, FC Schalke 04 compete in women's football, blind football, basketball, handball, table tennis, athletics and eSports.
9. They have won seven German titles, five German cups and a UEFA cup - the most recent being the DFB-Pokal in 2011.
10. FC Schalke 04 is considered the second largest sports club in Germany given its 140,000 members.