Crystal Palace FC’s Academy are looking to recruit host families to support young players aged between 16 and 18-years-old.
The successful candidates will provide a room (per player), an evening meal in either a five or seven nights per week agreement as well as a suitable and safe environment.
It is advantageous if your home is close to the club’s raining ground at Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, BR3 1RJ, or has nearby transport links.
Applicants will need to:
• Provide a friendly, home-from home environment for boys aged 16-18
• Provide appropriate level of care and adult supervision
• Have an understanding of the needs of an elite athlete’s lifestyle
• Have a genuine interest in the development of children and young people
• Cope with the players’ flexible schedules
This role will have regular contact with children and it is therefore required by law to have a DBS Enhanced Criminal Record Check with children’s barred list check for all house occupants aged 18 or older. The process will be subject to successful DBS, Health and Safety, Fire and Boiler Safety checks.
The club will provide training and information on all aspects of caring for young players including diet and lifestyle and safeguarding.
If you feel you would be able to successfully support some of our young players, and meet the above-mentioned criteria, please email us.