Six years ago, Crystal Palace F.C. sat bottom of a 20-team table for the standard of its matchday experience. Today, it sits second from top.
Over years of tireless work, the team at Selhurst Park have tweaked the stadium in every aspect to now provide supporters with the best experience that's ever been on offer. As Palace's Director of Operations, Sharon Lacey, says: "We can’t do anything about what happens on the pitch - that’s down to the players. But if we can do a series of small things that improve people’s matchday, then I think we’re winning.”
And with SE25 hosting Liverpool this Saturday, you can enjoy a new and improved matchday across the stadium from midday.
Improvements designed to perfect your pre-match routine include draught beer added to all stands - with over 25 San Miguel taps newly installed and a range of craft beer on offer - three new bars and numerous taps opened, pre-order available in a variety of locations and additions made to our hot food options.
To pre-order, fans in Glaziers, Wright & Bright, Stanley Stephenson and Red & Blue Bar can purchase their half-time drink in advance.
The cashier will charge the fan for any drinks ordered for pre-match and half-time, but only hand over those desired pre-match. Any drinks orders requested for half-time will be written onto a token which can be exchanged at the signposted collection points by the bar at half-time.
The Fanzone - which now includes San Miguel and Palace Ale on draught, a new hot dog unit, soft and hot drinks added and a more efficient queuing system - opens this Saturday from midday and Selhurst Park's various general admission lounges open from 12:30pm.
What's more, if you get into Selhurst before 2:15pm, you can capitalise on the Early Bird offer of a cheeseburger or hot dog plus a beer for £7.
And with the London derby between West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur kicking-off at 12:30, there's no better place to soak up the early Premier League clash than Palace's Wright & Bright, Glaziers and Red & Blue bar or Stanley Stephenson Lounge. You can enjoy these bars and lounges from 12:30pm with our new hot food options before watching the Eagles host the league leaders at 3pm.
In the Red & Blue and Wright & Bright bars as well as the Stanley Stephenson Lounge, Cronx’s Pop Up! and Kotchin craft ales make for the perfect pre-match pint.
Post-match, if you haven’t quite got your football fix and are looking for the crowds to ease with Norwood Junction closed, the lounges will remain open for an hour and a half after full-time and will be screening the first-half of the Manchester City v Chelsea match.
Saturday’s opening times across Selhurst Park
12:00: The Fanzone opens
12:30: Stanley Stephenson, Red & Blue, Wright & Bright and Glaziers open
13:00: The visiting fans’ concourse opens
13:30: All concourses open
13:30: The Family Lounge opens
17:00: All concourses close
18:15: All lounges close
Below, you can see the various improvements and additions made to every area of Selhurst Park.
- Fourteen new San Miguel taps are available across AW2, AW3 and AW4 blocks
- There is a new bottle bar in the concourse
- We've added a brand new San Miguel bar, with six taps for far improved service
- AW2 and AW4 blocks benefit from an added till, helping to speed up service
- A newly refurbished bar - the Tap Room - has been added near Block B, serving various craft beers on draught
- Cronx's Pop Up! and Kotchin beers are now on draught in the Red & Blue Bar - our first ever draught ale options
- An extra till has been added to the Red Bar
- Additional San Miguel and Palace Ale taps have been added to Armstrong and Shipperley bars - with a large cooler and two new tills helping to improve service
- Palace Ale and San Miguel is now available in Johnson’s Bar
- Cronx's Pop Up! and Kotchin beers are now on draught in Stanley Stephenson Lounge and Wright & Bright Bar - our first ever draught ale options
- Hot dishes have been added to options in various food units (including Stanley Stephenson, Glaziers and Wright & Bright). Chilli con carne makes the perfect pre-match warmer for a chilly autumn game
- The Eagles Nest now has draught Somersby cider and Carlsberg rather than bottles only and San Miguel is available on draught as well
- Cheeseburgers and goujons are now available in the Family Lounge and five new San Miguel taps have been installed
- Six new San Miguel taps have been installed
- A new freezer has been added to hold more food and markedly decrease service times