Crystal Palace Football Club was founded in 1905 and has a proud history of over 110 years that has seen the club compete across the English leagues, and currently enjoying our longest reign in the top-flight following promotion in 2013.
Our home at Selhurst Park is renowned throughout football as having one of the best atmospheres, as fans of all ages come together to show their support for the Eagles.
As well as the successful team on the pitch, we are also proud of our team off it and you can play your part. We strive for excellence in the workplace with a philosophy of high standards, professionalism and a strong work ethic from our employees, which ultimately delivers a first-class customer experience.
Partnership Development Executive
Reporting to the Deputy Co-Head of Commercial – Sponsorship & Advertising, the Partnership Development Executive will be responsible for developing, implementing and securing commercial partners/sponsors. With a strong focus on local, national and global partnerships, the candidate will also be responsible for delivering business retention, growth and profitability across the Club’s well-established tiered partnership programme.
The candidate will be set an overall target which will be set to help grow the annual revenues from the current commercial department and achieve the KPI’s and budgets set.
The Club is looking for the candidate to have a professional and determined approach to raise the profile of the Club and to showcase the extensive opportunities for companies to have an association and invest in Crystal Palace F.C.
- Build a database of top prospects for the purpose of driving partnership and advertising revenues.
- Build relationships with existing partners and increase revenue where possible.
- To self-source and develop fresh prospects through proactive sales activity.
- To network on match days and events to build relationships face-to-face with potential/key clients.
- Proactive prospecting to generate meetings with potential sponsors.
- To cross sell the full CPFC inventory using a top down approach and working with other members of the team such as research and activation.
- To present the product in a structured professional way.
- Negotiating the terms of sale and closing the deal.
- Management of CRM system, to ensure inputted data is accurate, and using such data to identify trends and sales targets.
- Proactively seeking new additional revenue generation opportunities within the corporate market, particularly across CPFC Ladies & Palace for Life Foundation.
- Weekly Reports to the Deputy Co-Head of Commercial.
Skills & Qualities
- Strong relationship management skills with a personable nature.
- 1-2 years of business-to-business sales experience with a track record in delivering results.
- Confident and articulate communicator at all levels.
- Commercially aware and target driven. Accurate numerical reporting.
- Excellent telephone manner with an ability to present to and negotiate with senior level professionals.
- Commitment to customer service and attention to detail
- Dynamic, confident, determined, pro-active, organised and methodical
- Resilient with the ability to cope with rejection
- Computer literate (especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Football knowledge (desirable but not essential)
Salary: £23k-£25k basic (dependent on experience) plus commission.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Tradesperson
The ideal candidate will come from a maintenance background and have experience in various areas of maintenance ideally including the following: preparing rooms, painting and decorating; basic plumbing duties; flooring such as tiling and laying laminate; basic electrics; fixing and replacing locks’ patch plastering; general carpentry and general handyman skills.
To provide a high quality and cost-effective inspection, repairs, maintenance and planned improvement service to the facilities of Crystal Palace Football Club and additional CPFC sites. The individual will be responsible for assisting other trades when required to ensure the highest level of service across the sites.
· Undertake repairs and maintenance as directed
· Complete works in accordance with the Crystal Palace specifications and in compliance with the relevant Legislation and industry best practices
· Work to operational procedures, safe working practices and Health and Safety procedures as required.
· Provide general support and assistance to the Maintenance Manager
· Inspect the sites and its adjoining structures on a daily and weekly basis to ensure they are all well-kept and in order
· Complete works at other Crystal Palace Football Club grounds and facilities including Selhurst Park Stadium.
· Have a ‘can-do’ attitude, prepared to help out the rest of the team in a willing and positive manner.
· Experience of working in a similar role
· Be punctual and apply good time keeping at all times
· Be flexible, organised with an outstanding work ethic.
· Be a team worker
· Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to treating all people with fairness and respect. We aim to actively remove barriers and open doors for our customers and staff and foster good relations within the communities we serve. All employees are required to demonstrate their commitment to our Equality and Safeguarding Policy and its values in the course of their day to day work.
The Camera Operator / Video Editor is a vital part of the Production team at CPFC. “Palace TV” is the club’s internal Production unit – creating video content for all digital & social platforms and big screen output at Selhurst Park on matchdays.
We are seeking a creative, multi-skilled operator with a passion for creating video; some-one who is dynamic, energetic, proactive, flexible and works at pace.
• Shooting on a Sony FS7 and Sony A7Sii.
• Filming matches, training, interviews and other entertaining long and short form fea-tures, creatively framing and capturing action
• Editing content from the above shoots on Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Ef-fects creating multiple VT edits, optimised for each digital/social platforms
• Liaising with internal club departments and commercial partners on their Production requirements
• Content ideation
• Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
• Selecting music for edits
• Following shoot plans, assembling camera and lighting, responding quickly to direc-tions
• Previous experience in a football environment is hugely beneficial
• Mandatory: at least 1 year working in a Video Production environment
• Relevant Production qualifications are beneficial
• A detailed knowledge of camera and lighting settings and setups.
• Experienced user of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
• A highly organised individual, who can multi-task and work at pace, with an excep-tional eye for detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Attitude: someone who has stamina, persistence and patience in equal measure, enthusiasm, a proactive manner with a ‘can do’ attitude. A team player who is also comfortable working under their own initiative.
• A willingness to work out-of-hours and weekends, and to tight deadlines
• A keen interest in and knowledge of Premier League football, not necessarily Palace.
• A good understanding of digital video platforms and social media platforms
Location: Predominantly Beckenham, occasionally Selhurst Park and Soho
Hours: 5 days per week including most matchdays (usually Saturdays, but also some evenings or Sundays).
Salary: £20,000-£23,000 dependent on experience.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to gain an understanding of the video content current-ly produced by Palace TV – by looking at CPFC social media channels and eagles.cpfc.co.uk.
Please send a one-page CV (no more than one page!) cover letter clearly detail-ing Camera and Editing experience, and a show-reel of your work to: email@example.com with ‘Camera Operator/Editor’ in the subject line.
Applications without a show-reel will not be considered.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community. The equality policy can be viewed on the club website.
Crystal Palace FC can offer you flexible working, and we train you on all aspects of the business in line with your remit, but most importantly offer you an amazing place to work, with a great team of colleagues.
As part of this role you will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you wish to apply for one of the above positions, please forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for CPFC vacancies, or email@example.com for Palace for Life Foundation roles.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community - view our Equality Policy.