Crystal Palace Football Club was founded in 1905 and has a proud history of over 110 years that has seen the club compete across the English leagues, and currently enjoying our longest reign in the top-flight following promotion in 2013.
Our home at Selhurst Park is renowned throughout football as having one of the best atmospheres, as fans of all ages come together to show their support for the Eagles.
As well as the successful team on the pitch, we are also proud of our team off it and you can play your part. We strive for excellence in the workplace with a philosophy of high standards, professionalism and a strong work ethic from our employees, which ultimately delivers a first-class customer experience.
Job Position: Marketing Campaign Executive
Location: Beak Street, London
Hours: 37.5 hours (plus some home matches at line manager’s discretion)
Contract length: Permanent Contract
Crystal Palace Football Club is looking to recruit a passionate and knowledgeable
Marketing Campaign Executive to join our Marketing team based at Beak Street, London
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team who are behind growing our fan base
both domestically and internationally.
The candidate will report into the Marketing Manager, and will be responsible for helping to
implement the Club’s multi-channel communications strategy. The candidate will be
responsible for the delivery of campaigns across the club, from ticketing and retail to club
The candidate must be able to work as part of a team, be proactive and committed, with the
ability to develop good relationships across the business and manage internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the marketing team with campaign planning and execution
- Working closely with the in-house design and content teams to create compelling campaign material
- Executing through a variety of online channels including email, web, social, digital screens, matchday programme and advertising boards
- Maximising potential of the owned CPFC marketing estate, ensuring all marketing campaigns are delivered to the highest standards, championing the CPFC South London and Proud brand
- Actively feeding back to the wider team to inform on campaign performance, using insights and learnings to improve future marketing campaign activity
- Compiling competitor research studies and observations from other industries to seek new initiatives and technologies
- Playing an active role in weekly departmental meetings
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 1-2 years experience in a marketing role, either in-house or agency
- Writing clear and consice briefs for designers to produce marketing materials
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, and managing worlkoad to suit
- Experience using email marketing software would be advantageous
- Experience working within sport would be beneficial, but not required
Job Title: Designer
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: Beak St, London W1
Contract: 2-year fixed term contract
Reports to: CRM & Campaigns Manager
Purpose of role:
The Designer will be responsible to support and execute creative, design, artwork and copy
requests coming into the Design studio for the delivery of Club campaigns, content,
branding, signage or fan experiences.
• Developing engaging creative and artwork to support club events and themes
consistent with the club’s brand.
• Developing artwork for campaigns, events and club activities with particular
attention to layout, consistent with the club’s brand.
• Supporting the Design Manager in the delivery of engaging club experiences,
including stadium branding, club shop, marketing and corporate areas.
• Developing artwork and content for the delivery of engaging online experiences on
website, social media and club partners.
• Supporting the Content in the delivery of the match day programme.
• You will be required to stretch your creative ability and be involved in high profile
projects every day.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Role:
• 12 months’ experience as a graphic designer (in-house or agency)
• Excellent understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, particularly
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint.
• Proven outstanding conceptual and creative thinking in your design work.
• Experience of incorporating brand and style guidelines, layout and typography in
• Attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills.
• Good collaborative way of working, efficient verbal and written communication skills.
Please send your CV along with an application form and portfolio to:
HR Officer, Crystal Palace Football Club, Selhurst Park Stadium, London, SE25 6PU or
Job Title: HR Apprenticeship Liaison Officer
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium, London
Hours: Full time
Salary: Dependant on experience.
Contract: Fixed term contract - Duration: 14 Months
We are looking to recruit an experienced and knowledgeable HR Apprenticeship Liaison
Officer to provide a full and comprehensive recruitment service for apprentices, employees and
workers that includes: advertising vacancies, assessing and selecting candidates, matching
the right applicants to vacancies.
The successful applicant will have a caseload of apprentices and will be responsible for
monitoring and tracking progress, communicating with colleges, the apprentices and line
managers/department heads. In addition, guide the apprentices to assist in their placement
in a successful and enriching experience.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the college relationships during
the recruitment and selection process and act quickly to resolve any employment and
The successful applicant will be required to conduct in the induction of new apprentices, and
assist in the induction process of workers and employees.
In addition, the successful applicant will in addition assist in developing, and advise on the
implementation of policies and procedures relating to the effective use of staff in an
Key role responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The full employee cycle of all apprentices primarily, and secondarily match day workers and
- full time employees.
- Administration for all matters concerning apprentices, match day workers and employees, in
- conjunction with the HR team.
Duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Liaising with educational institutes, prepare and publish adverts to attract and recruit
learners onto apprenticeships using national job boards or other advertising
systems/media, and/or educational institutes. In addition, prepare and publish adverts to
attract and recruit candidates for roles across the club.
• Assist in developing recruitment and selection tools to be implemented across the club
• Shortlist, conduct first interviews (with the respective line manager and/or department
head) and initial assessment of candidates to determine suitability for roles in
conjunction with the apprenticeship framework and or role specifications
• Match apprenticeship roles in specialised areas within the club, with relevant educational
institutes with the intention of providing candidates the club to interview. Liaising with
relevant educational institutes and/or students as appropriate with support they may
require for their ‘on the job’ assessments
• Complete all administration necessary to support the recruitment process and enable
apprentices to start their appointments.
• Promote apprenticeship placement vacancies and general roles across the club to
prospective applicants, both internally and externally, attending open evenings and
career events, drawing up adverts etc.
• Manage the onboarding and sign up administration requirements for all new apprentices
and new starters, leading on the collation of all necessary paperwork prior to
commencing the placement within the club.
• Assist in tracking and monitoring individual apprentice performance, identifying at risk
apprentices, the issues impacting on achievement and action plan in conjunction with the
club and respective line manager and/or department head.
• Track and monitor individual apprentice attendance liaising with the relevant line
manager and/or department head as appropriate and escalate any issues to relevant
parties (i.e. head of HR the respective educational institute etc)
• Conduct file audits and quality reviews to ensure compliance with legal requirements,
presenting recommendations on procedural improvements where appropriate
• Plan, collate and co-ordinate apprenticeship framework completion documentation to
ensure timely success rates are maximized.
• Address and escalate issues arising either by apprentices or line managers/department
head regarding health and safety, safeguarding, equality & diversity issues, employment
issues, ensuring all information is recorded accurately and issues are dealt with in a
• Undertake customer feedback (from line managers/ department head and apprentices)
to evaluate and make recommendations about continuous improvement.
• Be knowledgeable about relevant frameworks currently available (as per the government
website) and maintain up to date knowledge of apprenticeship reforms.
• Plan, timetable and deliver Staff Academy induction for apprentices.
• Maintain management information ensuring that it is accurate and kept up to date,
preparing management information for the Head of HR, CEO and Chairman as required.
• Delivering, promoting and supporting good practice in relation to Equality, Diversity and
Safeguarding ensuring compliance with Club policy and procedures.
• Promoting and consistently exemplifying both internally and externally the values and
behaviours of the Clubs
• Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and
• Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the level of the
post as required
• General HR administration & filling
• Letter writing
• Maintaining up-to-date HR records with the HR & ATS system
Closing date: Wednesday 28th June 2017.
Please forward your most up to date CV & Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Fan Zone Section Manager
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium, London
Hours: Match Days only
Contract: Seasonal role, due to end 30th June 2018
Shift Times: TBC- depending upon the match times and days
The successful Fan Zone Section Manager will work in all areas within the stadium, and will have face-to-face direct contact with guests that are attending a match day.
The Fan Zone Section Manager will oversee and manage the smooth running of the retail operation in the fan zone area. This will be done by ensuring food is prepared, stored and served to the set specification and in line with the stadium’s food safety process and procedures.
You will of course be expected to work effectively as part of a team which will be directed by General Manager.
You will contribute to the profitability of the club through:
- Promoting excellent food hygiene standards
- Ensuring the effective management of the team on all match days to maximise productivity
- Ensuring the best possible customer service is given to all customers
What are we looking for? You will be a detail oriented, with at least 1-2 years of experience in either a managerial/supervisory role, as well as customer focused experience.
Key role responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To manage own time in order to meet deadlines
- Liaise with the Head Chef to determine sales volumes and predict food order levels
- Direct and manage food and beverage staff in the production, cooking, and regeneration of food
- Ensure the food and beverage staff deliver an effective and efficient service to customer
- Maintain a clean and safe environment at all times, ensuring the stadium’s food safety policy is adhered to
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the company’s cash handling procedures, ensuring all till staff are trained and compliant
- Culinary trained with an interest in food
- At least 1- 2 years Supervisory or managerial experience
- Experience managing a team of people
- Energised and enthused personality
- Proficient in numeracy
- Basic knowledge of food safety
- To behave in a professional manner at all times, reflecting and maintaining the values and ethos of the club
- Excellent time management skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- GCSE’s (or equivalent international qualification) in Maths and English- Grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Positive attitude
- Flexibility and determination
- Willingness to learn
In return, Crystal Palace FC can offer you not only flexible working pattern (as you will only be required to work on match days) and train you on the business, and what excellent customer service is, but and most importantly offer you a great place to work, with a great team of colleagues.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community. The Equality policy can be viewed on the club website.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th June 2017
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community - view our Equality Policy.
Crystal Palace Football Club offers work experience opportunities to students between the ages of 14-16 years for a period of 1-2 weeks (dependent on availability) during the following months:
- July - 2017 FULLY BOOKED
- August - 2017 FULL BOOKED
- September - 2017 FULLY BOOKED
There are more students who want to do work experience with us each year than we have opportunities, so we ask you to complete the below application form which allows us to find out a bit about you and why you are interested in work experience at our club.
This application includes preference about dates, location and business area. Once we have this information we will try and match you with a suitable placement.
Due to high demand for work experience, we are unable to offer everyone a placement but will keep all eligible applications on file until placements are either filled, or the month applied for has passed.
We offer the following work experiences as a collective programme, but is not limited to;
- Catering - Assisting
- Hospitality - Assisting
- Retail – Assisting
- Admin - Assisting
- Football - Coaching – Shadowing and assisting CPFC Foundation sessions (this does not include Sports Science, strength and conditioning, physiotherapy etc.)
Students will not be placed at the training ground.
If you would like to apply for work experience within the above work areas, please complete and submit this application form and email it to Work.ExperienceHR@cpfc.co.uk, along with a CV and cover letter.
Please do not make contact without first completing the application form as your request will not be considered.