Crystal Palace Football Club was founded in 1905 and has a proud history of over 110 years that has seen the club compete across the English leagues, and currently in our longest top-flight reign following promotion in 2013.
Our home at Selhurst Park is renowned throughout football as having one of the best atmospheres, as fans of all ages come together to show their support for the Eagles.
As well as the successful team on the pitch, we are also proud of our team off it and you can play your part. We strive for excellence in the workplace with a philosophy of high standards, professionalism and a strong work ethic from our employees, which ultimately delivers a first-class customer experience.
Partnership Development Executive
Reporting to the Deputy Co-Head of Commercial – Sponsorship & Advertising, the Partnership Development Executive will be responsible for developing, implementing and securing commercial partners/sponsors. With a strong focus on local, national and global partnerships, the candidate will also be responsible for delivering business retention, growth and profitability across the Club’s well-established tiered partnership programme.
The candidate will be set an overall target which will be set to help grow the annual revenues from the current commercial department and achieve the KPI’s and budgets set.
The Club is looking for the candidate to have a professional and determined approach to raise the profile of the Club and to showcase the extensive opportunities for companies to have an association and invest in Crystal Palace F.C.
- Build a database of top prospects for the purpose of driving partnership and advertising revenues.
- Build relationships with existing partners and increase revenue where possible.
- To self-source and develop fresh prospects through proactive sales activity.
- To network on match days and events to build relationships face-to-face with potential/key clients.
- Proactive prospecting to generate meetings with potential sponsors.
- To cross sell the full CPFC inventory using a top down approach and working with other members of the team such as research and activation.
- To present the product in a structured professional way.
- Negotiating the terms of sale and closing the deal.
- Management of CRM system, to ensure inputted data is accurate, and using such data to identify trends and sales targets.
- Proactively seeking new additional revenue generation opportunities within the corporate market, particularly across CPFC Ladies & Palace for Life Foundation.
- Weekly Reports to the Deputy Co-Head of Commercial.
Skills & Qualities
- Strong relationship management skills with a personable nature.
- 1-2 years of business-to-business sales experience with a track record in delivering results.
- Confident and articulate communicator at all levels.
- Commercially aware and target driven. Accurate numerical reporting.
- Excellent telephone manner with an ability to present to and negotiate with senior level professionals.
- Commitment to customer service and attention to detail
- Dynamic, confident, determined, pro-active, organised and methodical
- Resilient with the ability to cope with rejection
- Computer literate (especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Football knowledge (desirable but not essential)
Salary: £23k-£25k basic (dependent on experience) plus commission.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Tradesperson
The ideal candidate will come from a maintenance background and have experience in various areas of maintenance ideally including the following: preparing rooms, painting and decorating; basic plumbing duties; flooring such as tiling and laying laminate; basic electrics; fixing and replacing locks’ patch plastering; general carpentry and general handyman skills.
To provide a high quality and cost-effective inspection, repairs, maintenance and planned improvement service to the facilities of Crystal Palace Football Club and additional CPFC sites. The individual will be responsible for assisting other trades when required to ensure the highest level of service across the sites.
· Undertake repairs and maintenance as directed
· Complete works in accordance with the Crystal Palace specifications and in compliance with the relevant Legislation and industry best practices
· Work to operational procedures, safe working practices and Health and Safety procedures as required.
· Provide general support and assistance to the Maintenance Manager
· Inspect the sites and its adjoining structures on a daily and weekly basis to ensure they are all well-kept and in order
· Complete works at other Crystal Palace Football Club grounds and facilities including Selhurst Park Stadium.
· Have a ‘can-do’ attitude, prepared to help out the rest of the team in a willing and positive manner.
· Experience of working in a similar role
· Be punctual and apply good time keeping at all times
· Be flexible, organised with an outstanding work ethic.
· Be a team worker
· Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to treating all people with fairness and respect. We aim to actively remove barriers and open doors for our customers and staff and foster good relations within the communities we serve. All employees are required to demonstrate their commitment to our Equality and Safeguarding Policy and its values in the course of their day to day work.
The Camera Operator / Video Editor is a vital part of the Production team at CPFC. “Palace TV” is the club’s internal Production unit – creating video content for all digital & social platforms and big screen output at Selhurst Park on matchdays.
We are seeking a creative, multi-skilled operator with a passion for creating video; some-one who is dynamic, energetic, proactive, flexible and works at pace.
• Shooting on a Sony FS7 and Sony A7Sii.
• Filming matches, training, interviews and other entertaining long and short form fea-tures, creatively framing and capturing action
• Editing content from the above shoots on Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Ef-fects creating multiple VT edits, optimised for each digital/social platforms
• Liaising with internal club departments and commercial partners on their Production requirements
• Content ideation
• Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
• Selecting music for edits
• Following shoot plans, assembling camera and lighting, responding quickly to direc-tions
• Previous experience in a football environment is hugely beneficial
• Mandatory: at least 1 year working in a Video Production environment
• Relevant Production qualifications are beneficial
• A detailed knowledge of camera and lighting settings and setups.
• Experienced user of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
• A highly organised individual, who can multi-task and work at pace, with an excep-tional eye for detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Attitude: someone who has stamina, persistence and patience in equal measure, enthusiasm, a proactive manner with a ‘can do’ attitude. A team player who is also comfortable working under their own initiative.
• A willingness to work out-of-hours and weekends, and to tight deadlines
• A keen interest in and knowledge of Premier League football, not necessarily Palace.
• A good understanding of digital video platforms and social media platforms
Location: Predominantly Beckenham, occasionally Selhurst Park and Soho
Hours: 5 days per week including most matchdays (usually Saturdays, but also some evenings or Sundays).
Salary: £20,000-£23,000 dependent on experience.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to gain an understanding of the video content current-ly produced by Palace TV – by looking at CPFC social media channels and eagles.cpfc.co.uk.
Please send a one-page CV (no more than one page!) cover letter clearly detail-ing Camera and Editing experience, and a show-reel of your work to: email@example.com with ‘Camera Operator/Editor’ in the subject line.
Applications without a show-reel will not be considered.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community. The equality policy can be viewed on the club website.
Crystal Palace FC can offer you flexible working, and we train you on all aspects of the business in line with your remit, but most importantly offer you an amazing place to work, with a great team of colleagues.
As part of this role you will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Department: Academy Sports Science and Medicine
Location: CPFC Academy, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1NZ
Type of Role: Sessional
Accountable to: Head of Sports Science and Medicine
Reports to: Academy Foundation/Youth Development Phase Therapists
Main purpose of role:
To carry out matchday pitch side medical cover for CPFC academy home and away games. Be available to cover injury clinics during half terms and school holidays, and evening training where required, as designated by the department and in line with the Premier League Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
• Arrive at least 90 minutes before kick-off.
• To provide pitch side medical cover for all Academy home and away games as dictated by Head of Elite Performance and Medicine.
• Ensure all medical emergency equipment is checked and placed in the designated position pitch side.
• To carry out any pre-match assessments for Academy players, as and when required.
• To implement required first aid/acute injury management during the game in line with Academy first aid trauma guidelines.
• To assess and treat any injuries post game and ensure an appropriate acute injury management plan is in place for each injured player.
• To communicate player injury, treatment details and follow up plan to the players’ parent and coach.
• To ensure a thorough and detailed handover is sent to the Academy Foundation and Youth Development Phase Physiotherapists upon completion off matches.
• To complete medical notes in line with HCPC and CSP guidelines on the online PMA notes system within 24 hours.
• All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
• Provide assessment, treatment and appropriate rehabilitation to players from U9’s – U16’s, and be confident in taking them through progressive injury rehabilitation programmes.
• Liaise with coaching staff, sports science and head of departments regarding players return to play.
• Minimum of BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or in the final year of qualification.
• HCPC or SST accredited practitioner.
• Must have an up to date FA Level 4 Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMiF).
• Experience of manual therapy skills and sports rehabilitation.
• Experience of injury prevention methods and recovery strategies, specific to football.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbally.
• Confident, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
• Ability to work collaboratively with players and staff.
• Ability to educate, advise and motivate individuals.
• Preferably experience in an elite sports environment, especially with children and adolescents.
• Demonstrates up to date knowledge of the current evidence base and implement this within their practice.
• Candidates must be flexible and be willing to work hours as necessary to carry out their duties. This may include the covering matches and changing of venues at short notice.
• Candidate will need to perform duties at home match and away match venues, with the possibility of travel abroad when necessary.
• A full UK drivers licence and access to your own vehicle would be advantageous
• CPFC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. It is therefore mandatory the post holder has valid and appropriate DBS clearance, at all times.
Position subject to DBS at Enhanced Level and references.
• The deadline for all applications is Friday 5th April 2019
• Interview for shortlisted candidates will take place week beginning 8th April 2019.
Line Manager: Academy Director
Overall Purpose of Job:
To manage and monitor the implementation and development of the coaching programme to ensure excellence in all areas adhering to the EPPP, as well as overseeing the development and delivery of the coaching staff in line with the Coach Competency Framework.
Researching current trends of coaching/teaching, player development, and industry best practice to inform practice within the Academy
Build relationships across the academy and wider club to enable effective support to all coaching staff
Maintain / enhance own coaching competence through regular delivery (e.g. demonstrations, covering absences)
Attend all FA / Football League events alongside the Academy Manager as directedConduct relevant training needs analysis of all coaches current and required level of performance
Conduct a formal programme of observing coach performance and provide effective feedback for development
Monitor the coaching process and methodology across all phases within the Academy to ensure highest standards are maintained in line with the Academy Performance Plan.
Delivery of 1 to 1 coach development support through progressive individual specific development Action Plans
Conduct a Coach Mentoring Internship program – including liaison with community education programme leads
Maintain an up to date record of all coaches’ qualifications and license status to ensure appropriate to role
Develop and deliver an innovative in-house CPD program for all coaching staff based on Academy Performance Plan
Provide ad-hoc development events / resources based on common aspects identified in development Action Plans
Build effective relations across the multi-disciplinary teams to enhance delivery of coach development programme
Support effective working across multi-disciplinary teams through education and promoting relevant benefits
To work as an integral member of the Academy Management Team to support the development and implementation of the Academy
Performance Plan in conjunction with the Academy Manager
Monitor the Academy’s coaching programme in conjunction with the Academy Manager ensuring consistent alignment across the academy in accordance with the Academy Performance Plan
Implementation and monitoring of the Academy’s Coach Competency Framework to support coach development
To be part of the Club Technical Board to drive the development and implementation of the Academy playing philosophy across all phases as well as the development of the player technical profile
Contribute appropriately to the development of teaching and coaching resources
To report bi-annually to the Academy Manager on overall progress and development within the Academy and to represent collective views on the future development and direction of the coaching
To be part of the player development sub-group to monitor issues of player progression and retention, de-registration, and signing of new players.
Ad hoc duties as required by management
UEFA “A” Licence (minimum requirement)
FA Youth Award
Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in coach development
Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP process
Valid FA Licenced Coaches Club membership
Enhanced DBS Check
FA Advanced Youth Award.
Experience of working as an FA Coach educator / mentor
Knowledge of the PMA system.
Degree in a related subject
Extensive experience of working across all levels in the professional game.
Experience working abroad.
Crystal Palace Football Club are seeking 1st team Sport Science interns for the 2019-2020 season. We are seeking someone who is personable, reliable and highly motivated. The candidate must be focused on delivering high quality sport science support to the first team playing squad and support the implementation of Crystal Palace Football Club performance strategy.
This is a fulltime paid position based at the club’s first team training facility in Beckenham. Applicants must have a minimum of a BSc in the field of Sports Science. Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 15th May 2019
Interviews will take place week beginning 27th May 2019
Crystal Palace Football Club are seeking a UKSCA accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our coaching team. The successful candidate will have experience in providing Strength and Conditioning coaching to elite professional athletes. The role requires a high degree of collaboration with colleagues and other departments; therefore, we are seeking someone who is personable, reliable and highly motivated. The candidate must be focused on delivering high quality Strength and Conditioning support to the first team playing squad and support the implementation of Crystal Palace Football Club performance strategy.
Competitive (to be discussed at interview)
Crystal Palace FC Training Ground, BR3 1RJ
Permanent- Full Time
Thursday 16th May 2019
Interviews will take place week beginning 27th May 2019
Who We Are
Our Sports Science and Medicine Department is comprised of experienced and skilled practitioners, working across a variety of disciplines. We are committed to developing robustness and optimising performance within our playing squad, as well as ensuring that injured players are safely and effectively returned to competition in the quickest possible timeframe. In order to achieve this, we strive to innovate and push boundaries, using clear processes, objectivity and continual reflection to guide us. We push staff within the department to make their own decisions and take ownership of the program, making a role within our department challenging but extremely rewarding.
• Have a minimum of or working towards a Masters in the field of Sports Science and/or Strength & Conditioning
• Be accredited with the UKSCA and/or NSCA qualification
• Have recent and relevant experience working within an elite sports performance environment
- Have experience in the design, implementation, and monitoring of programmes for elite athletes
- Have excellent communication skills, both orally and written
• Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
• Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Have excellent IT skills including the use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Assist in the design and implementation of the club’s strength & conditioning training programs utilising the software package in accordance with the periodisation plan.
- Provide individualised strength and conditioning programmes to all players within the first team squad
- Help deliver the sport science testing programme, including movement and flexibility screening, physical testing and force plate analysis.
- Assist in the rehabilitation and conditioning of players with long-term injuries.
- Liaise with medical and rehabilitation staff to individualise strength and power training for athlete’s returning from injury.
- Assist in the monitoring of training load through wellbeing and fatigue testing (jump tests) data collection and analysis
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with this role, including the use of our monitoring system are completed in a timely fashion
- Monitor and report athlete compliance, and progression results to the medical team
- Assist with the performance assessment of athletes.
- Support the Head of Sports Science & Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with day to day running of department
- Support the Head of Sports Science with match day nutrition & recovery protocols
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of gym equipment
- Provide guidance and direction for the Academy strength and conditioning programme
Working in professional football will require you to work flexible hours in line with the players training schedules. This may include early morning, evening and weekend work for periods of the year.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Job Location: CPFC Retail Warehouse – Selhurst Park Stadium
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Full Time - 37.5hrs per week
Reports to (name & job title): Warehouse Manager
Job purpose summary (but not limited to):
This role plays an essential part in the delivery of the retail operation at the Crystal Palace store in Croydon and includes working picking, packing and processing mail-order, maintaining the warehouse operation, counting and stocking new deliveries
Processing Mail-orders through Royal Mail systems
- Picking and Packing orders
- Counting in new deliveries
- Re-Stocking onto shelves
- Clearing and maintaining the warehouse
- Stock transfers to other branches
- Other duties as required by your Manager
Person Specification: Qualities/ requirements
- Attention to detail is paramount in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic approach to all tasks
- Ability to keep self-motivated
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Previous Retail experience
2 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Flexible working hours based on a rota schedule this may include Evenings, Weekends, Bank Holidays as part of a staff rota
If you wish to apply for one of the above positions, please forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com for CPFC vacancies, or firstname.lastname@example.org for Palace for Life Foundation roles.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community - view our Equality Policy.