Crystal Palace Football Club was founded in 1905 and has a proud history of over 110 years that has seen the club compete across the English leagues, and currently enjoying our longest reign in the top-flight following promotion in 2013.
Our home at Selhurst Park is renowned throughout football as having one of the best atmospheres, as fans of all ages come together to show their support for the Eagles.
As well as the successful team on the pitch, we are also proud of our team off it and you can play your part. We strive for excellence in the workplace with a philosophy of high standards, professionalism and a strong work ethic from our employees, which ultimately delivers a first-class customer experience.
Crystal Palace FC are looking to recruit new members to form part of the club’s first Independent Equality Advisory Group (IEAG).
"As a Club we are proud to be recruiting for our first Independent equality advisory group. We are committed to promoting equality and it is very important that we seek further consultation and feedback from all stakeholders against our equalities action plan. This new advisory group is part of our strategic equality objectives and we would like to encourage supporters and community representatives to apply to be on the group and have their say in the future of the equalities work at the club." Phil Alexander CEO.
Formed as part of the club’s efforts to promote inclusion and eradicate discrimination, we are seeking passionate and enthusiastic representatives from charities, community groups, NGOs or not-for-profit organisations who can provide strategic and expert advice to Crystal Palace FC in this area. The group will support Crystal Palace FC in the delivery of its Equality Action Plan and play a pivotal role in supporting the club to meet its outcomes.
Individuals wishing to apply will need the appropriate knowledge and experience of affecting positive change in community organisations or companies.
This fantastic opportunity comes with a minimal time commitment of quarterly meetings. However, please note that the posts are available on a volunteer-basis only with no salary, but travel expenses to attend quarterly meetings will be covered.
Job Location: Selhurst Stadium
Job Title: E-Commerce Coordinator
Reports to (name & job title): Retail Operations Manager
Responsible for (but not limited to):
Overall management of Retail Operations
Job purpose summary (but not limited to):
As an E-Commerce Coordinator you’ll learn a huge range of skills that are applicable for any future career. You will be working within a team that has a number of experienced members. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Clubs future growth and join an exciting, growing Club. You will be given lots of support and training to assist in your role
Duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Preparing new products for listing on various channels ensuring 100% accuracy and giving all relevant information
• Maintain the Ecommerce Store, ensure listings are fully up to date at all times
• Ensure Ecommerce Store is updated with promotional advertising in-line with retail campaigns
• Monitoring customer orders and returns quickly and accurately using a fully integrated order processing and stock management IT system
• Completing end of day order dispatching and checking
• Liaising with buyers
• Answering customer queries via email and telephone regarding order queries and product information
• Manage sample product photoshoots and maintain product photography library
• Other duties as directed by your line Manager
Please note that this is a business where everyone is required to help out picking and packing at times during peak seasons - this will equate to no more than 10% of your time, So you must be flexible and willing to do this.
Person Specification (below):
Attention to detail is paramount in this role
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Enthusiastic approach to all tasks
Ability to keep self-motivated
Good time management and organizational skills
Ability to work to deadlines
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
An exciting position has arisen to join the grounds team at Crystal Palace Football Club.
You will be based at our Training facilities in Beckenham and Selhurst Park Stadium, as required. Reporting to the Head of Grounds, your main role will be to ensure that the playing surfaces at Selhurst Park Stadium and our training facilities are maintained to the highest standards.
- Ensuring the playing surfaces are maintained in a condition that meets the requirements of the Club
- Use of a variety of equipment to maintain surfaces, including pedestrian, ride-on or tractor-mounted machinery
- Irrigating pitches and maintaining drainage systems
- Marking out and generally preparing playing surfaces to tight deadlines
- Applying fertilisers, weed killers and pesticides in line with current legislation
- Use of strimmers, blowers and other hand-held equipment
- Ensuring equipment is clean and correctly set for use in line with Health and Safety regulations
- Liaising with coaching staff
- Manual handling of deliveries
- Ad hoc duties as required
Qualified to NVQ Level 2 in groundsmanship or equivalent, ideally the successful applicant will have previous experience of working in a high profile environment and enjoy working to high standards, along with a flexible attitude. They will also enjoy working as part of a team.
The candidate will also have experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment.
You must also be willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
Spraying certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6 are desirable but not essential.
The role will include evening and weekend working as required.
Closing date: 13th April 2018.
Organisation: Palace for Life Foundation
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Location: Selhurst Park Stadium, Holmesdale Road, SE25 6PU
Closing date: 20/04/2018 5pm
Contract type: 2 Year Fixed Term (Full time)
Palace for Life Foundation started their Community Development programme back in 1990 and over the last 3 years has undergone a comprehensive change of culture with the introduction of a new senior management team and new activities and funded projects. As a result of recent growth we now have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join the Foundation’s Community Development Team to manage a targeted intervention programme called Breaking the Cycle of Youth Violence (BTCYV). The project is geared towards working with 8- 19 year olds to reduce risk factors that place young people at risk of becoming victims of and perpetrating serious youth violence by promoting and enhancing the protective factors that buffer against risks.
We are looking for a passionate project officer with proven knowledge, track record and experience of working on youth crime/violence community projects, by providing and delivering inspiring activities, 1:1 mentoring, action planning, positive messaging and building productive relationships that encourage positive attitude & behaviour changes, youth development and well-being. The ability to communicate well with a range of people including participants, commissioners, funders and other local statutory and community based agencies is fundamental to the successful delivery of this project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Targeted Intervention Project
• Work with 30 young people aged 8–19 years old referred to the programme where you will develop a professional and credible relationship on a personal level to deliver the BTCYV KPI’s.
• To produce support plans and risk management plans based on assessments.
• Ensure participants are given PDP’s, or Individual Learning/Action Plans so progress can be measured.
• Maintain and harnesses existing relationships within the community and other stakeholders such as Schools, Sutton/Croydon Council, Police, Croydon/Sutton YOS and PRUS in tackling different forms of youth violence in both the public and private domains to significantly improve the lives and outcomes of young persons ‘at risk’.
• To create, maintain and update media information, and case studies to measure the impact of the programme.
• Managing resources, including the raising of PO’s and payments against invoices etc.
• Ensure all staff and volunteers comply with the Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies at all times.
• Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the Senior Management Team of the Foundation.
• Working with multiple agencies across different sectors in order to establish good working relationships
• Attending committees, forums and meetings as necessary
• Celebrating participant achievement through the power of the Crystal Palace FC
|Experience of working in a mentoring capacity||x|
|Experience of data collection and monitoring frameworks||x|
|Proven track record of managing multiple deadlines across different projects||x|
|Experience in building and sustaining partnerships relevant to the project||x|
|Proven track record of working with disadvantaged groups including gang members, those who may have been exposed to sexual exploitation and/or those who may be on the verge of being expelled from education||x|
|Experience of managing participants on a 1:1 basis||x|
|Understanding of training needs analysis||x|
|Understanding of the Training Cycle||x|
|Experience delivering accredited qualifications and awareness of awarding bodies expectations||x|
|Understanding the concept of progression pathways||x|
|Knowledge & Qualifications:|
|Knowledge of issues that adversely affect venerable individuals||x|
|Excellent knowledge of risk and protective factors as they relate to young people & vulnerable adults||x|
|Degree or equivalent in Youth Work, Teaching or Community Development||x|
|Awareness of best practise education models||x|
|Knowledge of emerging agendas in relation to young people in London.||x|
|Youth Work qualification||x|
|Ability to communicate with diverse range of partners and staff||x|
|Ability to work under pressure||x|
|Ability to use own initiative||x|
|Committed to the values and motivated by the purpose of the Foundation||x|
|Ability to travel independently||x|
|Flexible approach to work, able to work out of hours, evenings and weekends||x|
|Car driver/owner – clean driving licence||x|
Palace for Life Foundation is run autonomously from the Football Club and enjoys charitable status. The relationship between the Club and Foundation is strong and mutually beneficial. With an appointed Board of Trustees there is a formal overriding link between the Foundation and the Football Club at senior level. Additionally, you will be joining an organisation that has won the ‘Best Community Scheme Award’ at the Football Business Awards 2015 and the ‘The Best Foundation Diversity Award’ at the Football for Good Awards 2015 and the Best Participation Initiative at FA Women’s Awards 2017.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation. Palace for Life is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and the successful candidate will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks.
Job Title: Youth Development Phase Assistant Academy Coach
Company: Crystal Palace Football Club
Location: KCC Worsley Bridge Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 1RL (KCC)
Job Purpose Summary:
Assistant Academy Coach within the Youth Development Phase, following the CPFC Academy Syllabus and reporting to the Head Coach, Youth Development Phase Lead and Head of Academy Coaching.
The responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Assisting with planning, delivering & evaluating sessions via the PMA
• Assisting with preparing & delivering x6 Player Reviews per season
• Attending internal & external CPD events
• Assist with team selection and decisions on academy players (including trialists)
• Reviewing & feeding back to line managers on the YDP syllabus
• Assisting with providing evidence for players for weekly multi-disciplinary meetings
The Role (but not limited to):
• Tuesday 5.15pm – 7.15pm
• Thursday 5.15pm – 7.15pm
• Saturday 9.00am – 10.30am
• Sunday Home or Away Match
The Ideal Candidate must have the following :
• UEFA B / FA Level 3 Coaching Award
• FA Youth module 3
• Current Safeguarding & Emergency Aid
• As part of this role you will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2018
If you wish to apply for one of the above positions, please forward an up-to-date CV, cover letter and the relevant application form below to firstname.lastname@example.org for CPFC vacancies, or email@example.com for Palace for Life Foundation roles.
Crystal Palace Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all such sections of the community - view our Equality Policy.
Crystal Palace Football Club offers work experience opportunities to students between the ages of 14-16 years for a period of 1-2 weeks (dependent on availability) during the following months:
- 2018 dates - July (fully booked), August (fully booked)
- 2019 dates - coming soon
There are more students who want to do work experience with us each year than we have opportunities, so we ask you to complete the below application form which allows us to find out a bit about you and why you are interested in work experience at our club.
This application includes preference about dates, location and business area. Once we have this information we will try and match you with a suitable placement.
Due to high demand for work experience, we are unable to offer everyone a placement but will keep all eligible applications on file until placements are either filled, or the month applied for has passed.
We offer the following work experiences as a collective programme, but is not limited to;
- Retail – Assisting
- Admin - Assisting
- Football - Coaching – Shadowing and assisting CPFC Foundation sessions (this does not include Sports Science, strength and conditioning, physiotherapy etc.)
Students will not be placed at the training ground.
If you would like to apply for work experience within the above work areas, please complete and submit this application form and email it to Work.ExperienceHR@cpfc.co.uk, along with a CV and cover letter.
Please do not make contact without first completing the application form as your request will not be considered.