Crystal Palace Academy strives to give every young player the best holistic experience towards their ambition of becoming a professional football player.
The Academy will provide a safe environment for players to learn and enjoy the game.
With first-class facilities, specialist support staff across various disciplines and an elite games programme, we aim to provide every player with a positive and enriching experience with us.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and innovation. Coaches and players will be pragmatic and adapt with the latest training techniques, tactics, and technologies in football, creating an environment where everyone will be open to change, always striving to be better and to push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
- Respect is a fundamental value at the club. It encompasses not only respect for coaches, teammates, opponents, and officials but also respect for diversity and inclusivity. Players are expected to treat each other with kindness and courtesy, regardless of differences in backgrounds or abilities. Respect forms the basis of good sportsmanship and promotes a positive and healthy learning environment.
- Creating a positive outlook, even in the face of challenges or setbacks. Being optimistic is key to encouraging players to believe in their abilities and potential. Coaches and players work together to cultivate a mindset that sees failures as opportunities for growth, as well as building the mental strength and determination to overcome obstacles.
- Unity is a vital value that emphasizes teamwork and cohesion. Players and staff work together harmoniously toward common goals on and off the pitch. It also extends to supporting each other during difficult times, celebrating each other's achievements, and understanding that individual success is intrinsically tied to the team's success.
- Putting in the time, effort, and focus needed to achieve personal and team goals. Showing up consistently, working hard on and off the pitch, and giving the upmost effort in every game. Dedication from everyone at the Academy develops the value of persistence, discipline, and sacrifice.
These five values outlined extend from the coaches to the players, from parents to teachers and throughout everyone at the Academy.