It was a disappointing start to 2016 for the Eagles, who were sunk 3-0 at home to reigning Premier League champions Chelsea in the first game of the new year.
Guus Hiddink's men are beginning to find their feet after a poor first half to the campaign and capitalised on a first half lead which seemed to deflate the previously lively Palace.
Oscar, Willian and Diego Costa struck for the Blues, dealing Alan Pardew his heaviest league defeat as Palace boss, a year to the day since he took the job at Selhurst Park.
Below are a selection of the most interesting stats from the Eagles' defeat:-
- James McArthur ran the most of any Palace player on Sunday, covering 11.38km at Selhurst Park. Cesc Fabregas was the only player to cover more ground, running 12.37km.
- Palace winger Wilfried Zaha recorded the fastest speed of any player on the pitch against the Blues, hitting a top speed of 33.29 km/h.
- Pape Souare completed more sprints (73) than any other player on Sunday.
- Jason Puncheon had the most shots (three) and created the most chances (three) for Palace. Though Oscar's four chances created put him top of the pile for the match as a whole.
- Cesar Azpilicueta was forced to make the most tackles in the match (seven), with Palace's top tackler being Chung-yong Lee with four.
- Scott Dann, McArthur and Azpilicueta made the joint most interceptions on the afternoon (four each).
- Palace attempted 20 crosses from open play to Chelsea's six.